Our Upper Secondary program includes 10th grade, which is a Pre-Diploma curriculum, and the IB Diploma Program for grades 11th and 12th, with the possibility of completing a Bilingual Diploma.
The IB Diploma Program (IBDP) is a rigorous course of study for 11th and 12th graders, offered by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) and recognized by leading universities across the globe. The IBDP aims to provide and balanced and broad education by developing students who:
- have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
- flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- study at least two languages
- excel in traditional academic subjects
- explore the nature of knowledge through the program’s unique theory of knowledge course
The Diploma Program Curriculum
The Diploma Program contains three required components in addition to six subject groups that aim to broaden students’ educational experience and challenge them to apply their knowledge and skills.
The three core elements are:
- Theory of knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service, in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.
The six subject groups are:
Current course offerings at DMA
Group1 · Studies in language and literature
Language A: language and literature English and Spanish
Group 2 · Language Acquisition
English B and Spanish B
Spanish ab Initio
Group 3 · Individuals and Societies (Interdisciplinary course)
Environmental Systems and Societies
Group 4 · Sciences
Group 5 · Mathematics
Mathematics Applications and interpretations
Group 6 · The arts