Parent cooperative hours provides a way for all of our students to benefit from the diverse talents, interests, and professional skills from our families. Whether sharing a skill, serving on a committee, or coordinating tasks to assist in the classroom, involvement and participation gives parents the opportunity to strengthen their partnership in their child´s education, work closely with our teachers, and meet other parents, while making a very real contribution to the school. When children see the adults in their lives actively participating in their school, it shapes their perception of the importance of education and strengthens their educational experience.
Some examples of participation:
- Classroom support (your child’s Room Parent will provide a list of classroom jobs)
- Event support (planning committees, set-up, food and beverage support, publicity, etc.)
- Maintenance support (gardening, small repairs, carpentry, etc.)
- Program support (library, computer training, material making, enrichment activities, etc.)
- Administrative/Office support (fundraising, newsletter, graphic design, technology assistance, etc.)
To decide how to contribute for your cooperative hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org or swing by the main office.
Your ideas are important to us!
Non Affiliated Volunteers
If you are not a affiliated with the school as a family member, and you wish to share a professional skill or talent with our school community, please send us your resume and two phone and email references.
You help us make a difference!
Volunteers help make a difference at Del Mar Academy. Your presence, your time, energy, and resources are gratefully appreciated, especially by the children we serve.
Volunteer opportunities are varied and plentiful, especially in enrichment areas such as music, art, gardening, movement and sports.
Please contact our main office or email email@example.com if you would like to become more involved.